For a list of synchrotrons please see Synchrotron beamlines
The following beamlines offer mail-in service or remote access: (compiled from the CCP4 BB July 2008)
1. The ALS BCSB beamlines http://bcsb.lbl.gov/beamlines.htm have a mail-in type program name collaborative crystallography on beamlines 5.0.2 (MAD) and 5.0.1 (Se-SAD/ Fixed Wavelength). Remote access is currently available on the sector 5 stations (5.0.1 5.0.2 and 5.0.3) for PRT members only. ALS 4.2.2 beamline has remote capability
2. Beamline 3BM1 at the Australian Synchrotron http://www.synchrotron.org.au has full remote access available for users. We use the same Blu-Ice gui as SSRL and use the SAM robot. When 3ID is available for general user program (2009) it will also have full remote access capabilities.
3. BNL / NSLS Mail-in program http://www.px.nsls.bnl.gov/, where three scientists spend about one full-time equivalent of effort, employing about one full-time beamline among the six PXRR beamlines. Access to Beam Time http://www.px.nsls.bnl.gov/beamtime_requests.html Mail-in Program http://www.px.nsls.bnl.gov/Mailin.html
4. The canadian light source http://www.lightsource.ca/ has at least mail in protein crystallography.
5. MacCHESS http://www.macchess.cornell.edu/ does "mail-in" collection on all PX beamlines.
6. All the ESRF MX/PX beamlines (ID14-1, ID14-2, ID14-4, ID23-1, ID29), and the CRG beam-line BM14, have remote access. http://www.esrf.eu/UsersAndScience/Experiments/MX/How_to_use_our_beamlines/remote-access For industrial users there is also the MXpress mail in service: http://www.esrf.eu/Industry/our_services/xpress-service/xpress-service
7. SEC-CAT 22-ID and 22-BM at APS http://www.ser-cat.org/ will do both mail-in and remote
8. SPring8 in Japan http://www.spring8.or.jp/en/about_us/organization/research_utilization/biology has a mail-in system.
10. CAMD's PX beamline http://www.camd.lsu.edu/gcpcc/GCPCChome.htm has a mail-in program for both consortium members and outside users.
11. BESSY BL14.1 and BL14.2 http://www.mx.bessy.de, The BESSY-MX group is offering the "mail-in" service for industrial collaborators.
12. SLS (http://sls.web.psi.ch/): For industrial users there is a Mail-In Service available since more than 3 years. For technical questions please contact Joachim Diez (Joachim.Diez@psi.ch) or Clemens Schulze-Briese (firstname.lastname@example.org), for questions about contracts please contact Philipp Dietrich (email@example.com). Remote operation is in preparation for all beamlines.
A useful link from PDB containing synchrotron info: http://biosync.rcsb.org/
|Synchrotron||Beamline||Mail-in/ Remote||type of puck||Fixed Wavelength/ Se-SAD/ MAD||URL|
|ALS||5.0.1||Mail & Remote (PRT members)||ALS puck||Fixed Wavelength/ Se-SAD/||http://bcsb.lbl.gov/beamlines.htm|
|ALS||5.0.2||Mail & Remote (PRT members)||ALS puck||MAD||http://bcsb.lbl.gov/beamlines.htm|
|ALS||5.0.3||Mail & Remote (PRT members)||ALS puck||?||http://bcsb.lbl.gov/beamlines.htm|
|ALS||4.2.2||Remote capabilities||ALS puck ?||?||http://bcsb.lbl.gov/beamlines.htm|
Please copy and paste the empty row for the next person to fill in