From CCP4 wiki
Jump to navigation
Jump to search
Newer edit →
Crystallographic Data Repository
Revision as of 15:28, 14 March 2014
1,908 bytes added
15:28, 14 March 2014
Created page with "== Objectives == The idea is to save raw diffraction data related to all PDB depositions from an institute or lab. Below is a list of what this project aims to achieve. * Ea..."
== Objectives ==
The idea is to save raw diffraction data related to all PDB depositions from an institute or lab. Below is a list of what this project aims to achieve.
* Easy upload of data
* Mandatory metadata submission
* Off-site backup of data
* Easy download of data (download manager to restart interrupted downloads)
* Comparability – should automatic processing be run to provide datasets with comparable statistics?
* Secure storage with access level (public, password, temporary access, private) set by user.
Should each dataset get a digital object identifier (DOI)? What are the procedures to do that? If there was one, it should surely be linked to the PDB.
== Necessary metadata ==
To make data useful in the future, the following data should be associated with it:
* PDB code – this is the main connection with the PDB.
* Responsible crystallographer – whom to contact with technical questions
* Responsible PI – person who is ultimately responsible for data
* Publication details
* Data source – beamline where data were collected
It might be possible to extract many of these details from the headers of the image files or the PDB.
== People ==
This is a list of people who've shown interest in working on this project.
* Adam Ralph - Irish Centre for High End Computing
* Nicola McDonnell - Irish Centre for High End Computing
* Kashif Iqbal - Irish Centre for High End Computing
* Marco Grossi - Irish Centre for High End Computing
* [[Users:B5foan|Andreas Forster]] - Imperial College London
* Jon Agirre - York University
People to contact:
* Erica Yang and Brian Matthews at Rutherford might have solutions almost ready according to Martyn Winn
== Funding ==
Nothing is possible without money. Here are option for funding
* Horizon 2020 funding - One of the strands is Research Infrastructures.
* EUDAT - Martyn Winn says this is not a possibility.
Retrieved from "
In other languages
Not logged in
FAQ and Links
About CCP4 wiki