Programming and programming languages
From CCP4 wiki
 Learning C++
- Kevin Cowtan's primer at http://www.ysbl.york.ac.uk/~cowtan/lectures/kdc05cplusplus.pdf
- FAQ : http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/
 Learning Fortran90
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fortran and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fortran_language_features
- List of Fortran tutorials
 Learning Python
An interpreted alternative to C++ and Fortran, which makes it easier to write quick programs.
- "Learning Python" book, by Mark Lutz
Originally a statistics package, is very powerful for data analysis and visualization.
- Bio3D - an R package containing utilities for the analysis of protein structure and sequence data